The 3 ‘Chambers’ of the Heart Chakra – Part 2: The Centre Heart
Hopefully you’ve read my earlier journal post (about the Heart Chakra - Part 1: The Left Heart), where I introduced the reality that there are actually 3 parts to the heart chakra, namely the left, the right and the centre heart. If not please take a look at that post too to get the whole picture. In this journal post I want to talk about the ‘centre heart’. It differs from the other 2 parts of this chakra in characteristics and the qualities it gives us.
The qualities of the centre heart are courage, confidence, security and protection. This chakra is situated over the sternum bone (the breast bone), behind which the antibodies are created in the body. The centre heart is so important because through the production of antibodies it protects us not only from physical diseases but also from subtle negativities. When we feel fear and anxiety this chakra starts beating very fast as it tries to protect us from any attacks, which is why we start feeling the heartbeat speeding up as the body starts pumping blood to where it’s needed. These antibodies and this protection are given to us by our mothers in childhood.
There are 12 petals on the heart chakra and the element of the heart is air, so if we breathe deeply and intentionally we can slow down our heartbeat and reduce our anxiety. Even if we are just feeling nervous – for example before giving an important presentation at work – you can take some deep breaths to help you stay calm and centred!
When our centre heart chakra is strong we grow in confidence and bravery. We feel secure and undisturbed by negativity and we don’t bow down to those who are trying to attack us. This is not a fake arrogance or ego trip but a true sense of Self. If this chakra is blocked then we will suffer from fear and anxiety, which is obviously not healthy. This is when a meditation or taking deep breaths can help.
Our best-selling Rose Quartz Heart Chakra Candle is the perfect support for meditating on the heart chakra; however, rubies are very complementary to the centre heart because they have a noble and courageous energy. For this reason, you could also use our Root Chakra Ruby Candle for meditating on the centre heart. This candle contains a real, cultured ruby and is deeply scented with cleansing frankincense serrata.
Meditation is the best way to strengthen the centre heart and increase confidence and self-esteem. Try this short meditation at home for the centre heart:
- Light a candle and sit comfortably, preferably on the ground so that the root chakra can be closer to the Mother Earth, which has a cleansing effect on all our chakras.
- Close your eyes and place your palms face upwards on your lap. Place your right hand on the centre heart, over the sternum bone – this will help you focus your attention there. Hold your attention there for a few minutes and every time your attention wanders away, gently bring it back to this chakra.
- Inside yourself, to your own Spirit, say the affirmation: Please make me a more confident person. Please make me a courageous person. Say it 12 times.
- Continue to sit with your attention on this chakra for a while. Then after a few minutes, guide your attention up through the centre of your body to the crown of the head. If you can’t do that easily, you can use your right hand and lift it slowly in front of you from the base of your spine to the top of your head. Do this 7 times.
- Then take your right hand and place it firmly on the top of your head and press down. Hold it there for a few minutes so that your attention stays there.
- Move your hand back to your lap and keep your attention at the top of your head and sit quietly like this for a few more minutes.
- Slowly open your eyes – hopefully everything will look brighter and you will be feeling more relaxed and energised.
Try this at home and I hope you feel the confidence from your true Self!